Immigration to the USA from Bangladesh
E2 – Treaty Investor Visa
The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa Program is open to citizens of Bangladesh. The E-2 is a non-immigrant visa that allows the investors either from Bangladesh or around the world to live and work in the U.S. to direct and expand the business activities, and allows entry of Executive, Management, and Essential skills employees. To deal with the post-Covid economy of the U.S., the U.S. government has come up with modifications in the U.S. immigration process. It is expected that the Immigration programs such as E-2 Visa, L1A, and EB programs will drive immigrants to the U.S. which will contribute to the U.S. economy significantly.
Advantages of The E-2 Treaty Investor Visa from Bangladeshi Citizens
- Allows foreign investors from over 75 countries, signatories of an investment treaty with the U.S., to settle down and develop business operations. List of the U.S. Department of State’s Treaty Countries. Citizens from India and China are not on the list.
- There is no set minimum investment required.
- The E-2 investor’s spouse and children under 21 will be issued E-2 dependent visas.
- A spouse may apply for a work authorization based on his/her E-2 dependent visa;
- E-2 dependent children can attend U.S. public schools for free
- E-2 visa holders may stay outside the U.S. for an undetermined amount of time
- E-2 Visa processing time is significantly less than other programs
- E-2 visa could be a pathway to U.S. Green Card and Citizenship
What are E-2 Visa Requirements for Bangladesh?
- E2 visa requirement – Bangladesh
- You must be a citizen of a country that signed Treaty with the U.S.
- Move to the U.S. from Bangladesh to establish and manage the business.
- Generate significant returns for investors and economy – employing US workers.
- Funds must be “at-risk”
- Must have a satisfactory net worth
- Business Experience / Managerial Experience
How long does it take to get an E-2 visa for Bangladeshi citizens?
The processing time for a visa applicant from Bangladesh will vary from case to case. If the applicant is present in the USA, the average time is 4 months. Premium processing time could be approximately 15 days. For people applying outside of the US, E2 visa processing time might be longer than 6 months.
Is Bangladesh an E-2 visa treaty country?
Yes, the United States made treaties of commerce and navigation with Bangladesh in 1989. U.S. Department of State’s Treaty Countries.
If you have a U.S. Office for your company, then L1A visa might be the best option for you. The L-1A dual immigrant visa enables a U.S. employer to transfer an owner, executive, general manager or manager from one of its affiliated foreign offices to one of its offices in the United States. Dual Intent means that you come as a non-immigrant and then can apply for immigration if you are successful as an executive in the USA.
The U.S. E2 and L1A Visa Consultant in Bangladesh:
Legato Immigration and Visa Consultants (LIVC)
Hotlines: +88028832545 (10 AM TO 5 PM) +8801814003956 +8801814003957 +8801841772593 +8801841772594
Address: Suite: B2, Plot: 107, Road: 13, Block: E, Banani, Dhaka 1213