Australia Partner (Provisional) Visa from Bangladesh

Have you found your loved one in Australia? Are you committed to living with your loved one in Australia? If your answer is yes, then you must apply for Australia Partner Visa (Subclass 309 or 820).

Australia Partner visa is the popular family visa category. A Partner visa lets someone live in Australia if the applicant is legally married to an Australian citizen or a permanent residence holder. A partner visa is divided into two steps. 

Step 1: if you are eligible for a partner visa, you have to submit an application for a provisional visa, to arrive in Australia. Your Australian sponsor must sponsor you for 2 years. 

Step 2: if you can maintain a healthy relationship with your Australian partner and spend at least two years with your partner, you can be eligible for Australia permanent residency (PR).

Australian Partner Visa Categories:

There are three visa subclasses for Australian partner visa:

  • Subclass 309: Partner visa (if you are outside Australia)
  • Subclass 820: Partner visa (if you are inside Australia)
  • Subclass 300: Prospective marriage visa
Immiex image

Partner Visa – Subclass 309 (from Bangladesh)

Subclass 309 is a temporary or provisional visa that allows the applicant to stay in Australia for two years and apply for a permanent residency (Subclass 100) when eligible. 

What are the requirements for Partner Visa (Subclass 309)

  • You must be outside Australia at the time of submitting an application
  • You and your Australian sponsoring partner must prove that you both have a true and genuine relationship
  • You must meet character and health requirements
  • You are eligible to be evaluated by the Australian Immigration Department for a permanent partner visa (Subclass 100) if you have the provisional 309 visas, about 24 months after the submission of the provisional visa. For the PR application, you must demonstrate that you both are still in a genuine relationship.

Partner Visa – Subclass 820 (from Australia)

Partner Visa (Subclass 820) allows you to stay in Australia temporarily and be eligible for Australian permanent visa (Subclass 801). 

What are the requirements for Partner Visa (Subclass 820)

  • You must be inside Australia at the time of submitting your visa application
  • You must hold another type of visa such as a student visa, working holiday visa, or Australia visitor visa
  • You and your Australian sponsoring spouse must demonstrate evidence of at least 12 months long and genuine relationship before the visa lodgement.
  • You can submit an application for a permanent residency visa (Subclass 801) if you hold a temporary partner visa (Subclass 820). However, if you have been living with your spouse genuinely for quite a long time, or have a child who you have been nurturing together for at least 2 years, you can be eligible for a permanent partner visa (Subclass 801) directly.

Australian partner visas can be complex. Often applicants do not understand the meaning of a genuine relationship and submit inappropriate documents.

A number of critical questions are set in the visa application. These questions are all about whether the relationship is genuine and ongoing.

Inappropriate visa application submission will generate a negative visa outcome/visa refusal/rejection.

Australia Spouse Visa Support in Bangladesh

Contact us for spouse visa support in Dhaka