Canada Visa from Bangladesh
A Canada visitor visa will allow you to visit Canada for tourism, business, or other purposes. You can even apply for a visa If you’re planning to explore business opportunities in Canada. Canada visa in Bangladesh is to be submitted online through the IRCC portal.
There are country-specific visa requirements that you must fulfill before you submit a Canadian visa application.
With a Canadian visa, you can
- explore Canada’s top tourist attractions;
- meet your family and friends;
- perform some business activities while on a tourist visa;
- stay in Canada with temporary legal status
- explore options for a Canada investor visa.
Visa applications without clear purpose normally get refused! You must explicitly state whether you are applying for leisure, work, meeting friends, etc. Since visa applications from Bangladesh are scrutinized, the purpose of the visit must not be neglected at all.
Lack of funds is one of the reasons for Canada visa refusals in Bangladesh. You must demonstrate both fixed and liquid assets (cash and FDR). If you are a family, you may provide your spouse’s financial documents as well.
- Travel history
If you do not have a strong travel history, you should not apply as a tourist, and should not show leisure activity as your purpose for a Canada visa. A person who previously held a visa like a Schengen visa, US tourist visa, Australia visitor visa, or UK visitor visa, might get extra preferences.
Employment tells the Canada visa consulate that you would return to Bangladesh to resume your work. If you are a retired individual, you can highlight your past employment along with evidence of retirement.
- Social ties
Visa applicants without social and family ties mostly get visa denial. Try your best to demonstrate family and social ties to Bangladesh.
- No criminal records
You must not be involved in crime and illegal activities.
- Have good health
You must be in good health at the time of your Canada visa application.
How to apply
- Step 1: Check if you’re eligible
Determining your eligibility is the first step. Question your purpose of visit, check your funds, learn about Canada border requirements like vaccines, etc.
- Step 2: Gather your documents
Do not attach any irrelevant documents with your visa application. You must submit mandatory documents according to the Canada visa checklist, and you must submit additional documents to support your Canada visa application.
- Step 3: Apply online
Canada visa from Bangladesh can be submitted at the Canada VFS Centre, or you can simply submit the online application. At present, VFS Centre might not be accepting any hardcopy visa applications from Bangladeshi citizens. Consultant with The best Canada visa processing agent in Bangladesh for Canada visitor visa, and business visa.
- Step 4: Upload your documents
The IRCC visa application portal won’t accept any documents larger than 5 MB. So, prepare your documents in such a way that each file size remains below 5 MB.
- Step 5: Pay your Canada visa fees online
You can pay your Canada visa fee using any of the following cards:
Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express® or JCB® credit cards (including prepaid cards) Visa® Debit and Debit MasterCard® (for online applications only), and UnionPay® (for online applications only; debit cards not accepted)
- Step 6: Biometric: Canada Biometric Appointment in Bangladesh
How much is Canada visa fee?
- Canada visa fee: CAD$100
- Biometric fee: CAD$85
Where to submit Canada visa biometrics in Bangladesh?
- VFS Global Dhaka: Delta Life Tower, Plot 37, Road 90, North, Gulshan North Ave, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh.
- VFS Global Sylhet: 7th Floor, Nirvana Inn, Mirza Jungle Road, Ramerdhigir par, Sylhet-3100, Bangladesh
- VFS Global Chittagong: World Trade Center Chittagong, (5th Floor) 102/103 Agrabad CA, Commerce College Road, Chittagong-4100, Bangladesh
Canadian embassy in Dhaka
Address: United Nations Road Baridhara Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Telephone: +880 2 5566 8444, Fax: +880 2 5566 8423, Email: email@example.com,
Consular services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Birth certificate
- National ID
- Photograph – (35X45 mm)
- Marriage documents
- Child custody papers (if applicable)
- Employment documents – NOC, salary payslips, salary account statement
- Business documents – Trade license, certificate of incorporation, memorandum of articles, company bank statements, company tax, VAT, etc
- Evidence of liquid funds/movable assets – Fixed deposits, savings, etc
- Evidence of immovable asset – Copies of the deed of Land, apartments, building, or any other fixed assets.
- Income tax documents
- Canada visa application form
- Family Information form
- Letter of Invitation (if applicable)
- Travel Itinerary
*Documents written in any language other than English or French must be translated and notarized by a registered notary public.
*Note that this above document checklist is a common and general checklist. Documents requirements will vary from case to case. Inappropriate documentation will bring a negative visa outcome. If you need assistance with a Canada visa from Bangladesh, you may contact us.
How long can you stay in Canada?
Staying in Canada depends on your Canada tourist visa conditions. Staying in Canada also depends on Canada’s border authority. Normally, visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada. If you are applying for an exploratory visit to Canada for Canada business immigration, or Canada investor visa you may get a short entry visa.