Business immigration to Canada: Overview of Canada Investor Visas
Canada investor visa is the easiest option for business owners, entrepreneurs, investors, and business managers to settle in Canada and start businesses in Canada.
The country offers different types of business and investment visas to help people move to Canada easily and apply for Canadian permanent residence.
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offers tremendous opportunities to foreign business owners and investors who wish to start business activities in Canadian provinces. Every year thousands of people move to Canada to establish their businesses.
Canada’s investor visas came into reality to boost investments and workforces in Canada through the migration of people who can run and invest in various types of businesses.
Why immigrate to Canada as an investor
- Earn in dollars!
- Ensure your children access to free education;
- Avail the best healthcare facilities;
- Get a Canadian passport (One of the most powerful passports in the world, travel over 140 countries without visas)
- Raise your children in the safest country in the world where the crime rate is significantly lower
- Set up your business and get clients from both Canada and the US!
- Immigration to Canada by investment solved financial problems of many entrepreneurs and business owners.
How to immigrate to Canada through investment
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada through investment, you must be eligible for one of the following Canada investment immigration programs:
- Entrepreneur Streams
- Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)
- Start-Up Visa (SUV)
- Federal Business Immigration
- Self-Employed Visa Program
1. Entrepreneur Streams
The Entrepreneur streams come first if you plan to immigrate to Canada by investment. You must have a high net worth and should be willing to establish, invest or acquire an existing business in Canada.
The easy options for business owners would be to submit applications under the British Columbia (BC) Entrepreneur Base Program, Ontario Entrepreneur Program, Nova Scotia Entrepreneur Program, or the Saskatchewan Entrepreneur Program.
Canada’s entrepreneur program is similar to business migration to Australia. In both cases, applicants must get an invitation to apply. Here, Canada’s provinces will choose applicants and allow them to come to Canada and invest in a Canadian business.
The following Canada investor visa programs are well known and popular:
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program — Entrepreneur Stream.
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program — Entrepreneur Immigration Stream.
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program — Entrepreneurial Stream.
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program — Entrepreneur Stream.
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program — Work Permit Stream.
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program — Entrepreneur Category.
Requirements for Entrepreneur Streams?
Each province has its own set of requirements. Click the + button to see the basic requirements: